Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Camp of Rock

After the social media club event, I went to the Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girlsbenefit concert at Bowery Ballroom to listen to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. I'll be honest, at first I was not excited about going. But now I am grateful that my girlfriend persuaded to me come along . I was introduced to two new artists, the first one was The
Tiny Masters of Today

Tiny Masters of Today
Brooklyn's pre-teen punk rock sensation is comprised of twelve year old Ivan and his ten year old sister Ada!!!! It was a site to see. At one point Fred Schneider of the B52's came on stage and rocked out with these guys.
Fred Schneider Rockin' Out
Imagine being 10 and being on the same bill as one of the hottest indie bands, let alone performing with the frontman of the B52s.
check out this youtube clip:


The second artist was Kimya Dawson
Kimya Dawson
She has a way with words that totally took me aback. Her lyrics are uniquely simple and smart. And very funny. I almost choked on the water I was drinking. Check out a few of her songs on her myspace page let me know what you think.

Clap Your Hands seemed a bit confused. We were standing near the stage had a full view of their setlist and noticed that they didn't follow nor finish what was planned. They didn't even perform an encore or play their self-titled song. They seemed ready for it with the megaphone on stage. So it was weird.

All in all, I'm glad I went and glad I supported Rock Camp If you want to check out more of my pics from the event, they are here.

0 comments: